Picture Book Picks - Doodle Bites

I'm back with a selection of my favourite picture books. The ones I read to the children who visit the library. They are targeted at the under fives, but when school is out, the older children do tend to drift over to listen, so let's just say for all ages.

My first choice is a picture book that has been around for a couple of years now, but I just discovered it recently and I absolutely love it. It is Doodle Bites by Polly Dunbar.

Polly's book can always be picked out by her beautiful illustrations. Her pastel coloured backgrounds and simply drawn characters are a joy. Nothing fussy and each page is quite sparse, but the characters have wonderful expressions on their faces that carry you through the story.

This story is one in a series about a group of animals who live in a little yellow house with a girl called Tilly. This story focuses on the crocodile called Doodle. One morning Doodle wakes up feeling 'bitey, bitey' and gets into all sorts of trouble. She even bites poor Tumpty (yes, an elephant) on the bum!

This book will make you laugh out loud. So sweet, but very funny! I can't wait to read the other books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment