The Tree Shepherd's Daughter







The Tree Shepherd's Daughter
by Gillian Summers

Keelie is a true Californian girl. She likes fashion, manicures and hanging out at the mall with her friends. That is until her mom dies and she is sent off to live with the dad she hasn't seen since she was little.

Keelie's dad lives a hippy lifestyle travelling around medieval festivals, plying his trade as a carpenter, whilst dressed in clothes from the dark ages. Keelie thinks she will never fit into this odd place. There are people with pointy ears, a boot wearing cat and the trees are trying to talk to her! Thank goodness she has an escape plan to ditch this medieval geekland.


I have had this book sitting around for a while. I would pick it up and put it down again, only to select something else to read. I knew I wanted to read it, after reading a great review, but I think what put me off was the cover. It just didn't excite me at all, but I am so glad I picked it up. It is such a great tale of friendship, love and moving on with life and I just loved Knot the cat. He reminded me of the cat in Sabriel called Mogget, who is bound to serve the Abhorsen, whether he likes it or not. I can't wait to lay my hands on the next book in the trilogy.

Faire Folk Trilogy

Book 1 The Tree Shepherd's Daughter

Book 2 Into the Wildewood

Book 3 The Secret of the Dread Forest

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled across your blog earlier today and wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it. I am a teacher and always appreciate a great book rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement Rawley :)

    ReplyDelete