The Brilliant World of Tom Gates

The Brilliant World of Tom Gates
by Liz Pichon

I like this book because Tom is always trying to trick his sister Delia and his teachers. My favourite character is Delia. She is really cool.

My favourite part is when Mr Fullerman tells Tom off for getting ink all over his work.

My favourite drawings were the front cover and the class portraits of the class. Poor Marcus Meldrew put I'm and idiot or was it Tom?...

I really enjoyed it. I love the little pictures of the eye's when he writes down Mrs Worthington, who has a moustache (it's tricky not to stare). It is also cool when he draws a moustache.

Comic like books I don't really read but this one was really funny and full of things that you just wouldn't do.

Writing like this is really smart in books like this. BIG AND Wide.

Liz Pichon is a really good author. Sometimes chapter books can be boring but comic chapter books are different.

The writing is different than normal Times New Roman (boring- I'm so tired) but the types of writing that Liz does is exciting and enjoyable.

I really do think this book is exciting to read and fabulous laughter.


review by Rebecca
age 10

6/12/2011

1 comment: